Friday, February 20, 2009

I DID IT!!!

I don't know what came over me, but one night while I was sitting on the couch, I decided, "OK, now is the time to do it!!" What is it, you might ask yourself? Machine quilting. I had been avoiding it for a while now, because I didn't want to mess up my quilt. I guess you have to start from somewhere. I pieced a baby quilt a few weeks ago.



It was based (which means the back, batting, and top were layed out and then held together) and ready to be quilted. I kept putting it off until I finally found the courage to just do it. Ever since I've started quilting, I've been a hand quilter. I still love doing hand quilting, but it is nice to have both skills.



I've done machine quilting before but it was just straight stitches. This time I tried a method called stippling. It is free motion quilting, I just move the quilt around randomly and make this pattern. Because I made a tight pattern, it took longer than I thought it would. It took about four hours, but I finished it. It's not perfect, but this is the first of many to come! :)

7 comments:

Jodi and Jesse said...

It looks great!!!

*ethan* said...

it looks really cool! i'm glad you finally gave it a try.

Hayley's Pixie Dust said...

This looks wonderful. I might just have you do some of my quilts I have. Your work is just amazing. I love everything you have done so far.
Hayley Platt
(Christopher's primary teacher)

Em and Jorg said...

oh boy! You have more talent oozing out of your pinky than I...well...you know the rest... I am so happy for you that your visions come to life like this!

V and Co. said...

yay!

Lacee said...

congrats Sachiko it does look awesome. Did you get the email I sent you last month after Josh's birthday party?

Rachel D. said...

Waouw: I tried for the first time this afternoon but I was a complete disaster. I took out the stitches and started hand quilting. But now that I've read your post, I won't give up.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin