Monday, September 14, 2009

Way to Make Money--Six Year Old Style--

This happened a few weeks ago, I wanted to share this with you all before I forget.

One day, I picked the boys up from school as usual. I could hear Christpher and Michael in the back of the mini-van whispering to each other. Usually they are loud kids, they can't keep whispering for too long. Eventually, it got to a point that I could hear what they were talking about. I pretended that I couldn't hear anything.
Here is a part of thier conversation:

Michael: I want a Ferret and sword for Christmas.

I was thinking to myself (What? No living thing for Christmas, and no parent in their right mind would give a weapon as a present to a six year old!)

Christopher: But, remember? Mom said, you don't get living things for Christmas.

M: But I want them.

C: Maybe you can save up your allowance and buy a ferret.

Then, they started talking about how they could increase their income. They were thinking about doing a lemonade stand at a park or the parking lot at Walmart. They asked me if I could help them. I said that I would think about it.

After their homework, Michael was quietly drawing something. I got close and looked at a couple pictures, and said, "Wow, Michael, they are nice!"

Picture One:


M:Thanks, I am going to sell them.

Me: Well, who're you gonna sell them too?

He shrugged and said "I don't know. but I need the money to buy a ferret, so I am going to sell them."

The second one was a picture of a bird with no color. I asked him if he is going to color it. He said, "No, this is a swan, so I don't need to color it." He told me he was going to sell it for six dollars. Wow! What a rip off!

After a while, he showed me the new and improved bird picture:


He said it is a duck now.

Then the starving artist needed a snack and was off to play.




I have been working on a furniture makeover since last week, it is almost done!! I am so excited how it is turning out and I am going to post about it in my next post. Make sure to come back! See you soon everyone!

5 comments:

Karens Hopes said...

Oh go on buy his pictures and get him a ferret....lol

Lisa said...

I love this story--kids are so cute!

Cal said...

What a lovely, lovely anecdote - particularly the pictures. I really enjoyed. x

Cheryl said...

Bless his heart. You gotta love his entrepreneurial spirit though.Looking forward to your furniture makeover.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

He knew what he wanted and came up with a plan. As for the ferret you don't want to hear my opinion on those. Real experience sort of . Tell he looks like he is going to be a great artist. Jackie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin