Monday, November 16, 2009

A Letter for Christopher on His Birthday


You were born 9 years ago this day. Because of my medical problems, everyone, I mean the Doctors, my parents and even myself thought that I could not have any children. (Who would have thought that I would be able to have three!)

With lots and lots of prayers, the support of family and friends, and advances in medicine, I was able to carry you for nine months. The C-section went well too! All I can say is you are my miracle.

You brought me so much joy, and made me realize that there is a very special love that I will hold for the rest of my life for each of my children. It also taught me how much our Heavenly Father loves us...

The last 9 years went so fast! I still can picture you as an infant in the hospital bed, snuggly wrapped. Where did the time go! I try not to let the days go by without telling you how much I love you and how proud I am of you. I try to be a fun mom and spend more time with you. Well... you know, I am the perfect example of an imperfect human being, I fall short sometimes.

I just want you to remember, I will always love you, no matter what. I also want to say thank you for coming into our family. I will always be grateful for that.

You are definately not a little kid anymore, I can see that you are slowly entering a different phase of life. Growing up. Trying to figure out who you are and who you want to become. Stay close to God, Mommy and Daddy will always be here when you need us.

Find the things makes you happy just like I love creating. That will enrich your life so much. Enjoy each and everyday... and be happy!

I am so thankful that you are my child and I have the privilage of watching you grow.

Happy Birthday Buddy, my little miracle.

Love,

Mom

7 comments :

  1. Oh how lovely, your children are truly blessed to have you as a mother.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter! I have a premie-- He's 12 now!! God is good and we are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, your last year before double digits! They get so excited when they hit those double digits and start telling you they are preteens. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet letter to your little boy.
    Happy Birthday to him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This note to your son is lovely, and a rather lovely cake too. Happy Birthday. x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin