Saturday, November 21, 2009

Miss-Matched


These pictures were taken on the same day as my last post, the day I took Rachel to the park. Eventhough I picked the top and the pants, Rachel wanted to dress herself and accesorise herself...

There, Little Miss-Match was born.


Sometimes I don't think arguing to make them wear what I want them to wear is worth it. So, I just let them. I figured that I have to pick and choose my battles. It is good to give them control in some aspects of their lives. Right? That way they might be willing to listen and obey on more important issues.

If I coordinate my clothes like Rachel does, people might think that the busyness of life finally got to me... but, for some reason, kids can get away with this kind of coordination.

I think this was one of the reasons why she was so happy at the park. She was wearing everything she wanted to wear (well, execpt there was light pink and hot pink striped groves she wanted to wear. Thank goodness she forgot them on the kitchen table.)


She makes me smile.

By the way, Monday is the day for the announcement of the giveaway winners! Make sure to come back to see if you are one of the lucky winners!

Have a nice Sunday!

9 comments :

  1. Sorry, Sachiko, but you'll have to be more specific. Or maybe I see the photo differently? But, I see nothing wrong with what Rachel matched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she got two different types of polka Dots, ruffled dress and then, the sweter with lots of colors & patterns. Personaly I think too much is going on for me. I would pick one item that will be the main focus then, add a little more to it. That's it.
    But, like I said, kids can wear pretty much anything and looks really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, I also thing that in this case I agree with Rachel's choice. I think she's not bad at all at matching.
    That said, I understand very well how you feel - my 6 year old daughter constantly criticizes me for too much matching her outfits. "I want all different colours at once, not just matching ones" is a very typical sentence in our house when she dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's adorable and showing off her creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! I need to make a skirt like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it. no wonder her and Add get a long so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It's so sweet to see what kids will put together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your daughter looks adoreable in her outfit. It's not so much whether it matches persae, but that she picked it out all by herself. You letting her being independent is a wonderful thing. Pink and brown, it's a good thing.(sorry for the Martha Stewart reference.)
    It's wonderful to be a child. you are right, if we dressed like that folks would wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin