Friday, November 27, 2009

Pretty Things

I had a wonderful time with my family on Thanksgiving day. Also, I have been a good girl, avoiding movie watching and trying to make stuff for my etsy shop. The Holiday Boutique starts on Monday! The day is getting closer and I am getting more anxious...

I have lots of craft and tutorial ideas, but I don't have any time left to do those right now. So, I will share something else today.

One morning (sometime last week) when I woke up, for some reason I knew the day was going to be a good day...

B I N G O!

I had 20 minutes until I had to pick up the boys from school, so I decided to "peek" in at one of the thrift stores that I usually go to. You never know what you will find, so, just in case...

Then I found these:

I love vintage linens! I found four beautiful pillow cases. I have been collecting them, but finding ones with a pretty design in such a good condition is hard to come by. I love shabby chic style so I can use them as is or I might make a quilt out of them someday. With the blue one, I am even thinking about making Rachel a summer dress!

Also, I found these:

Two children's books. They both were in such good condition, when I got home and cleaned them, they look like they were brand new books. I especially love this one:

The book was printed in the early 1970's. See how pretty the illustrations are! They remind me of some of the books I read when I was a little girl.

When I feel like the pressures of doing the holiday boutique is building up I take a small break and looks at the pictures. (I am running around all over the place, saying "I need to do this and that" or " I don't have much time!") I guess there is a reason why I found them when I did...

I know these books will be perfect additions to Rachel's bookshelf. I hope she will enjoy them and treasure them in the years to come.


  1. I love it when we find unexpected treasures to add to our collections--nice finds--love the pillow cases--i collect them--but usually just the embroidery ones--and I also love to collect kids books--and My kids are "old" and I have no grandkids--but like you I just enjoy them and the photos all by myself!!!
    Hugs, DI

  2. I collect those old vintage pillow cases too. I haven't decided what I am going to do with them yet...

    I love stopping by the thrift stores. You just never know what you will find.

  3. What lovely finds! I just love meandering thru thrift stores and finding those unexpected bargains!

    Can't wait to see what your shop will have on Monday

  4. wow those pillowcases are so beautiful!!

  5. I love the pillow cases you found , I just found a vintage sheet..{which my friend said mmm if i found that I would have looked at it and thought "alot of people have slept on that"} anyhow I'm thinking of making into a couple different aprons:} love,love love your page! thanks for sharing~

  6. Wow- I have both of those books! I actually have almost all of that set of 1970s colour-illustrated fairy tale books, rather than just the one. :)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin