Monday, November 2, 2009

Tiered Skirt & Matching Necklace

Last week I mentioned a couple of projects I have been working on...
Well, I am really happy to announce that, one of them is done and I am ready to share it with you all!

Ta da!


I found this really pretty pink corduroy at Joann's and bought some before fall. I have decided to make a tiered skirt for a little girl. I used the left over fabric and made a matching necklace too. Originally, I was only going to make a few yo-yo's and sew them together, but the process was so fun I made more than I had planned and then I did some beads work as well.


I think I need something like this for myself.

It is so tempting to keep them for my little girl, but I think I am going to add them to my etsy store. Who knows...

This week is already looking very busy and crazy. On top of the reguler schedule, I have two activities that I need to attend for my church calling, two doctor's appointments (one of them takes pretty much all day, MRI, CT scan etc...and the hospital is located about one and half hours away). Also, I have a baby shower and a bridal shower that I would love to go to this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I am happy that I am busy, actually I feel blessed that I can do something for other people. I just get a little overwhelmed and frustrated because of my inability to organize everything. Do you ever feel that way? I hope as I get older, I will be more graceful and wiser. It might take me another 30, 40 years, but I hope it will happen.

I would love to stay and chat with you all, but I have somethings to take care of for tomorrow. I hope your Monday started out great and continues that way through out the week. Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments :

  1. WOW....Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing!! In fact, I want to buy this from you! Let me know what you decide to do with it! And you are one busy woman this week! Hope everything goes well with the dr.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! Very nice idea about necklace!

    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. both the necklace and the skirt are adoreable.
    It's okay to be busy, but don't let it stress you out. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week and the doc appts. go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skirt! That necklace is beautiful. I'd love this for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the necklace! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin