Friday, March 19, 2010

Do You Want It? ~Recipe for Honey Bun Cake~

I am so happy to see that many of you participated in my first link party! Thank you so much for your readership and your support for of my new adventure. I am thinking about hosting either a weekly or a monthly link party. What do you think? I couldn't leave a comment on each one of your posts, but I visited everyone of your lovely blogs. I am marveled by all of the projects! The link party will be open until Sunday night at midnight.


Two post ago, I posted our Sunday dinner, and I recieved many comments and emails for the "Honey Bun Cake" recipe. I found this recipe in the local paper and it is originally from www.bettycrocker.com. Yes, this is a cake that uses a cake mix! Super easy and good. I love baking from scratch, but when I don't have time, a recipe like this is definately a life saver.

{Honey Bun Cake}

1 Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
4 eggs
1 8 ounce container sour cream (1cup)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Heat oven to 350. Lightly flour and grease 13 x 9 inch pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.

2. Beat cake mix. oil, eggs and sour cream on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread HALF of the batter in pan.

3. In samll bowl, stir together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon: sprinkle over batter in pan. Carefully spread remaining batter evenly over pecan mixture.

4. Bake 44 to 48 minutes or until deep golden brown. In another bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until thin enough to spread. Prick surface of warm cake several times with fork. Spread powderd sugar mixture over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Store covered at room temperature.

I actually had this cake warm with vanilla ice cream on top. It was sooo good! (This explains why I haven't lost the last 10 lbs. of my pregnancy fat yet. I love food too much!) My whole family loved it. It was all gone by the next day. Enjoy!

10 comments :

  1. Hello!
    I think the link party is a great idea - monthly or weekly. I guess that would depend on how much computer time you are willing to put into it. Either way, I am there!
    Can't wait to try my hand at the ruffle shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe, Sachiko. It looks delicious. I look very forward to making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, am hungry already for that cake...Sachiko, that's a great idea! I'd love a weekly linky party..such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Do you think this would make a good cake for an Easter celebration? I am looking for something a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the link party--so many great ideas in one place. And my family will be feasting on that delcious cake next week--I am so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found you through Britt at A Penny Saved by way of Heather's Hodgepodge.:-)I'm a new blogger so I am enjoying finding my way around. The cake sounds and looks delicious. I can already hear it calling to me and I haven't even made it yet! Bet it will be great with a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking for this recipe but with a scratch cake recipe, not a box (we're Gluten Free, I have to do it without a mix....) anyone seen one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this cake yesterday and it was so yummy! It was very moist and delicious. I can't keep my kids away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is for June. I saw a gluten-free Betty Crocker yellow cake mix at WMart today. Maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, i just found your recipe as I was browsing your blog and made it. so easy and tasty!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin