Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Slipper make over~ Shall I Dance?~

I blame it on Disney... She posted a tutorial on how to transform granny slippers into an out-of-this-world cutest room-shoes. She made me realize that I needed room shoes...

Well, I have been looking for the best deal for a while and I found it the other day. They were 2 for $6 at Big Lot. $3 a pair! You can't beat that.



I went through my trimming drawer and found some candidates for this project. I came up with two diffrent designs, so I will show you what I did.

{Black Slipers}

1. I cut off the ribbon on the slippers to give me a clean slate. Then I started from the middle and hand sewed already gathered lace. I Kept going until I arrived at the desired size.



2. I sewed on some beads.


3. Done!



{White Slippers}


1. Treat the end of the lace with fray check. Fold the end, then place it in the middle of the slipper. Start sewing from the bottom and go up, then fold the lace slightly angled upward to the side, sew.


2. Repeat the process. Remember to widen each row.


3. Sew the beads. I sew the beads separately. I mean, each time when I sew a bead, I tie a knot and start a new one. That way, I don't have to worry about breaking the thread between each bead when I wear it and the fabric stretches.


4. Ta-da!



They are both very simple and easy to do, and I love the results! Wearing my new slippers, I might dance while I clean the house tomorrow.

27 comments :

  1. Ooh! I love these so much!! I especially love the white ones! I know what you mean about wanting to dance, I feel so fancy when I wear mine! And they look so cute with outfits, I wish I could wear them out of the house! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now its my turn to look out for suitable slippers to work on!

    simple and elegant, LOVE IT. eh.. they are too pretty to stay indoors, just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to make something plain into something FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! they put mine to shame, may have to give this a go myself, thanks for the inspirations1

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, too totally cute!! I love that you just have lace and pearl beads around the house! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love these... I am so impressed that I am going to try and make myself a pair!! What inspriation you give!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love those! I will be on a hunt now for a pair or two to dress up!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Nancy
    www.coeurdalenegifts.com
    coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Almost too pretty for cleaning house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, those are pretty! My last pair of house slippers just broke, so perhaps it's time for a new pair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I love your blog by the way! When I first found you I spent hours going thru all your posts! I tell EVERYONE about you! Love it!

    p.s. I just did a tutorial on how to make an old skirt into an apron if you're interested!

    www.myla-rose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative!!!!!!!I need you at my house for a while. Maybe you could get me hopping! Have a blessed day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic idea! I love it! I love these! I must go and make some! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, thats so beautiful!!

    i like the white one :)

    Greetings from Switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG WHAT AN INGENIUS IDEA!! WOW! I'M SOOOO (OR SHOULD I SAY, "SEW") GONNA MAKE ME SOME! Great idea!!!! thx for sharing! I love to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE! These would definitely make me feel less frumpy around the house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are SO pretty!! I love the little pearls stitched on there! Now if only I could find some fleece-lined ballet slippers to keep my toesies warmed...

    I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-embellish-your-house-shoes/2010/03/04/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm never without my slippers at home, but they are not as cute as those! Thanks to you and Disney, I will now have to glam up a pair for those special weekend mornings when I have time to "dance."

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! What a fantastic idea. I love your stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love your blog! Everything you do is my style! I am just starting to sew and ive tried a few of your projects. Do you have any suggestions or ideas for what I could do with tunz and tunz of old 100% cotton shirts? I would love to see or hear from you!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these! And I just bought a pair of these a few weeks ago. Looks like I have a craft project for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so cute! What a great idea! I think I need to get myself a pair....

    Allison Elizabeth ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wouldnt even mind cleaning in slipps like those. wow, gorgeous transformation lady!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute! I was inspired by Disney's tutorial too! Here's my take on it: http://katydiddys.blogspot.com/2010/01/wardrobe-refashion-slippers.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a pair of these and yours are way cuter! Will have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both yours and Disney's slipper tutorials! Will link in an upcoming post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sweet. Thanks so for the tutorial. May try this with a young seamstress too. It will make a fun and different project for an almost 8 year old. Thanks to beading gem for sending me over here. Yay. another great find.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin