Monday, December 20, 2010

Basket Makeover ~Winter Style~

I finished the makeover a few days ago. I wanted to take good pictures outside but the weather has been awful! Don't get me wrong, I love snow. I think it is so beautiful to see the earth covered with snow... But it is very challenging to take pictures for my projects.

So, I only have pictures I took inside the house.

Before...



With some spray paint, real rabbit hair, charms, and a corsage...


Here is the after...


Depends on the outfit, it is better not to have so many accessories on the basket. So, I made it so that the charm and the corsage are removable. It is so much fun to see a basket transform and gain character. I really enjoy the process. When weather is better, I have several more baskets I want to spray paint. I can't wait share them with you!

22 comments:

cookieandclaire said...

This is beautiful. I wasn't expecting this from the before photo.
www.cookieandclaire.blogspot.com

Farah Muzaffar said...

What a lovely and creative make over, really it looks great... the colour is fab and the little accessories you add enhance the beauty and style as well... great job .. thanks for sharing such a lovely project
Wish you a very Happy Christmas …
I would love if you come to visit me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Naturally Carol said...

Wow! this makeover has certainly changed the character of the basket...love it!

OrloSubito said...

Beautiful!!!!

Shelly said...

How did you ever think about conjuring up such a fashionable-looking bag from its ordinary original looks? It's totally amazing!

Angeline Yoshiko said...

It looks like a totally new bag with
the corsage and other stuffs you added on. Very creative. *0.0*

Hele said...

wow! i wish to be able of doing such a transformation

Admitted Fabricaholic said...

That came out lovely! Good job!!!

saganaga said...

amazing transformation !

Flannery Buchanan said...

Soo cute! Where did you get the rabbit hair?

Sandy Ang said...

Wow - it makes such a fashion statement after your makeover! Too fabulous.

Bethany said...

WOW!!! You can't even tell it's the same thing!!!!

Sabra said...

wow! what a difference. very pretty.

Sonia said...

Nice basket. But rabbit hair? :(

free indeed said...

As always, a beautiful transformation! Wish I had your eye and talent...

Tiffany said...

Wow!! That looks amazing!

Lori Sacks said...

I knew you would do a great job!!
Love it!!

Lori Sacks said...

I knew that you could make it look FAB!!

A Mom's Choice said...

Very beautiful. You do a great job on all your crafts.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE IT!!! What kind of paint do you use??? Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us...Happy Holidays to you, Donna

Phone Home Designs by ET said...

So chic! I have to go to the thrift store and pick up some baskets now. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mom said...

Ficou ótima! A cor fez maravilhas pela bolsa. Qual tipo de tinta você usou? Só acho que sem o pelo ficaria um pouco mais discreta, mas ficou linda assim mesmo.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin