Friday, August 5, 2011

Dare to Design ~ Design for Shabby Apple~

Where have I been? I just noticed that Shabby Apple has had a design contest since June! I had no idea that was going on and since it is due on the 10th, there is no way that I can come up with something new right now... but, I really want to enter this dress I created for a while ago... the Ivory Sunlight Dress.


Well, the dress totally matches what they are looking for... it is a modest design, has sleeves, no cleavage showing, and it is longer than knee length. And, I made it for the Spring/Summer season.

My design inspiration came from JCrew, but the dress was showing a lot more skin than I prefer, so I changed and tweaked the idea and created a different dress. Do you think this dress fits with other Shabby Apple Dresses? I think it does!

If my dress is one of the top 15 entries, it will be posted on the Shabby Apple blog by August 17th. IF, IF that happens, would you, could you my blogger friends be there to vote and support me? It is a little scary, but I think I am gonna try it.



I used 100% cotton; it is textured, very light weight almost like gauze fabric. I found it at Joann's for 6.99/yd. I used my 40% off coupon for three yards of fabric, so my version of the dress cost me about $13.00! Because I wanted to make it for every day wear, cotton is a better choice than chiffon for me.


Well my friends wish me luck! :)

24 comments :

  1. Hi - I just wanted to tell you to go for it. I rarely comment out here in blogland (newcomer and all) but that dress is just beautiful and looks like it would fit nicely in their range. If you get to the top 15 I will definitely go and vote for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sachiko, It's fantastic!
    You can count on my vote!!!
    I would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely lovely dress! So sweet and comfortable! You did a fantastic job of making it modest and keeping it elegant without looking stuffy and prudish. Go for it!

    Blessings,
    Malaika.
    handmedowndesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore your dress!!
    It totally looks perfect for
    Shabby Apple ~
    Yayyy!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you should definitely go for it!! Your dress is beautiful!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Yes, you should definitely enter! It is such a classy dress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just FYI, I saw in the instructions that there had to be a link to shabby apple, but when I clicked on the link in your post, it didn't work! Just didn't want that to be some type of disqualifying error, because your dress is so precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have a really good chance! Your designs are always beautiful and timeless. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I'd wear it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is great! I want one... I am requesting a tutorial! :) I love all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone for your encouraging words!

    Suzanne- Thank you for letting me know about the link, I fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, good luck! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great dress!! I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely go for it! That dress is the absolute best thing I've seen in a long time:)
    It's saved in my list of creative inspiration. And I've had several friends ask if I can make them one.
    Hope you win:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes,beautiful Sachiko! I must say I always enjoy your style - nice and feminine, modest and pretty! You are a sweetie and i think the dress reflects that:)

    Sharon from the land down under;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it is lovely Sachiko! I always enjoy your style because it is feminine and beautiful and reflects the sweetie you are;)

    Sharon from the land down under:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go for it - hope you win, I LOVE that dress!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sunning!
    That is the winner.

    You've also photographed it beautifully.

    Good luck!
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  19. its a cute dress! :) and you definitely have my vote/support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could not figure out where to vote. I love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will totally vote for you if you make the top 15!! Love that dress...trying to get up the courage (and find the time) to make one for myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best of luck to you. I have sent my entry too, to view, click HERE

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! It seems like so many modest maxi-dresses are missing something in the top- yours is perfect! Love everything you design!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin