Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Link Party 86 and My Christmas Story

Hi everyone! How was your Christmas? I hope everyone had a wonderful time with your loved ones. I have been having a great time with my family. Also, I have been reading a lot and I am really having a hard time ripping myself from the books I got when I went to Japan. Remember the pile of books?

There were a bunch of things that went on the last couple of weeks between the Shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning and more wrapping... I will share a small part of my Christmas story.

T'was the night before Christmas... I was cooking like mad and Rachel needed some help writing a letter to Santa. As she was writing and drawing a really cute picture to Santa, she looked me up and asked, "Mom, is Santa real?"

I was caught off guard, but quickly regained my motherly smile and voice and asked, "Well, what makes you think he's not real?"

Right now, she is at the point that she believes and wants to believe that Santa is real, but there is a doubt (it started when one of her friends told her he is not real). She said, "I don't know... I know the tooth fairy is not real."

A couple months ago, she was in our office and found a letter she had written to the tooth fairy a while back. Mr. TRH was reading it and forgot to put it away. She found it and immediately asked if the tooth fairy was real. Mr. TRH made up an excuse but she didn't buy it.

Though she had a slight doubt about the existence of Santa, she dropped the subject and kept writing and drawing. I think she wanted to make sure her bases are covered for when Santa comes. She had her letter, picture, and the pile of banana bread slices with chocolate chips (the pile was getting smaller and smaller. I think I had some big mice in our house.... hmmm...).

I read them some Christmas stories, said goodnight and they went to bed...

Mr. TRH and I watched a movie after that then quietly carried all the gifts to the tree, laid them out and went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up to the sounds of kids giggling, talking, running, jumping, playing all over the house. They were nice enough to let us sleep till 8:30 or so, but Michael started losing patience (they were up since 4:45 am!). First it was a very quiet polite knock and "Hey, its morning, when are you going to wake up?" to "Hey, mom and dad, it's time to get up! I am gonna break down your door!" We chuckled a little and went downstairs.

They were SO excited and were basically bouncing off the walls.

It is truly a joy to watch the Children open up their presents. Their excitement, big smiles and the gratitude that we felt because we were able to afford to have Christmas was the ultimate gift to us as parents.

Well, on the other hand... it wouldn't hurt having tangible gifts too though (grin...), the gifts that Mr. TRH got and surprised me with were several feet for my sewing machine. They were totally unexpected, but much appreciated because not only were they are very useful gift to me; I felt like he is really paying attention to my interests and my needs.

I hope I can share several projects using those feet on my blog in the future. So, I don't even know how many people would actually link up this time with it being right after Christmas and all, but I am going to host the link party. If you have something to share, link up and have fun visiting other! :)

As usual here are the rules for linking:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creations.



That's it! Go ahead to link up and show us what you have been working on!




5 comments :

  1. Thank you for the party and the nice Christmas story! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas story....our children are grown and no grandchildren yet but i always remember what a special privledge it was to get to play Santa and then when they are old enough to teach them that the Spirit of Santa lives in all of us......enjoy them while they're little! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your Christmas story and for hosting another great party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sachiko,thanks for hosting the fun party and for your Christmas story!
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin