Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jewelry Affaire and More

The first great news of the year came in the mail today...

The newest issue of Jewelry Affaire arrived and the necklace I made a while ago, made it into this issue (page 58)!

If you happen to be at a book store and see this issue of this magazine, it is worth looking through and taking home. Many beautiful jewelry pieces are featured in it (I found some that I would love to have for myself!) they are such beautiful eye candy.

To be honest with you, I have been lacking a drive to create lately. It's not that I don't have any ideas (trust me, I have tons of ideas in my head and a secret black notebook...), it's just that self-doubt appears from nowhere and tells me things like "why do you keep creating?", "It's not going to take you anywhere, you are wasting your time" or "you are not talented enough, just stop the whole thing".

I know those types of thoughts are silly. I create because I love it. I love to come up with ideas, design, and I also enjoy the whole process of bringing my ideas to life. I am never gonna stop.

The magazine I received today not only made my day, it sort of help me to shake the mean "self-doubts" off of me. So thank you Beth and Christine for all the hard work you did!

9 comments :

  1. Please don't stop creating, your blog is beautiful and an inspiration! I totally understand though. I spend hours and hours, days and nights working on my creations and make very little money and often have these self doubts. I find the best way to get over them is to imagine yourself doing something else I.e stuck in an office etc. I know we all have bills to pay and being creative isn't the best way to do this but it's what makes us happy. Having said all that I am doing some serious thinking about where I am at and if I can survive so I totally understand where you are coming from x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you ignore the voice! You have a very talented eye for design and a beautiful creative aesthetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being published. That is such and great magazine. I will definitely pick up a copy so I can pour over your gorgeous necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! congrats! I am a fairly new follower and although I do browse this magazine I have never bought it. Love your site

    ReplyDelete
  5. The necklace you made is beautiful!! I think there is an innate desire to create in all of us...I first found your blog when I didn't know what blogs were :) I've been receiving your updates in my email ever since! I don't have a blog, and I don't always feel creative, so thank you for sharing your blog and creativity! I really love that you share your beautiful creations, and that you've made a place for others to share as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is really beautiful.
    I repaired a cardigan that had a sleeve damaged in the washing machine inspired by your "she wears flowers cardigan", if you like, you can see it on my blog.
    I think, it turned out really nice :-)
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations the necklace is beautiful.I think we all have weak moments but they go away, whats important though is that we keep going because creativity makes US happy. I love you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, that is so awesome! Don't listen to those silly voices, i LOVE your blog and would be very disappointed if you stopped sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an honor! You are so talented you deserve it! Looking forward to seeing more of your work ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin